Sunday, April 4, 2010

I look in the mirror and all I see/Is a young old man with only a dream*

*She's Like the Wind by Patrick Swayze

I've been thinking long and hard on how to start this blog.  For months it has been stewing in my brain: what I want say, what I want to do, what I want to share.  In fact, I probably have almost a months worth of content stored up in my brain!  Truly my biggest problem was: how do is even start this thing?  I think I must do two things: 1. Jump into a the deep end and learn how to swim and 2. Just be myself.  So, while I want this to be a daily fashion blog to document my outfit choices I also want it to be a blog about my other passions movies and music.  So here's me jumping into the deep end trying to learn how to swim.


 ♥ Dress: Handmade, thrifted, resized
♥ Hat: Pacsun, clearance
♥ Shoes: CL by Chinese Laundry, via Ross
♥ Belt: Off of a thrifted dress
♥ Purse: No Label, thrifted
♥ Arm Bracelet: Made & Gifted by Mom


This dress is my Easter dress.  I bought it at Goodwill a few years ago and I'm actually pretty sure this was someone's housedress/mumu before I got my hands on it.  I really like this dress, but because of the color palate I feel like it's pretty much limited to Easter Sunday.  I'm sure it's just my own neuroses, but to me certain colors or patterns are limited to certain times of the year.  For example: I would never wear tartan plaid past December 31st, or this dress anytime past May.

Today is Easter Sunday and considering the fact that I am neither very religious or living close by to family I ended up spending the day alone.  Z is at work and the weather is muggy, overcast, and very windy, so I'm also spending the day indoors. My friend C posted on Facebook about having a bad day, but it was nothing that relaxing with a Disney movie couldn't fix.  It got me thinking about what my "go to" movies are.  A movie that cheers me up and makes me feel alright with the world.  Now that our short spring here in Texas is quickly turning into summer I'm feeling nostalgic for summer romances, swimming, and bonfires.  This immediately gets me in the mood for Dirty Dancing.  I have plenty of other "go to" movies for all the different moods I experience, but when the smell and feel of summer is just peaking it's head around the corner it's Dirty Dancing all the way.

By the way, Family Guy has forever ruined the ending to Dirty Dancing for me. Video: The realistic ending to Dirty Dancing

Anyway, I hope that everyone is having a wonderful holiday and I leave you with a few songs to download:

>> Currently Listening To: Patrick Swayze Feat. Wendy Fraser - She's Like the Wind [Mediafire]
+ Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time of My Life [Mediafire]

[Please let me know of any dead links]

No comments:

Post a Comment