Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I bless the rains down in Africa/Gonna take some time to do the things we never have*

♥ Dress: Old Navy, clearance
♥ Leggings: No Label, thrifted
♥ Shoes: CL by Chinese Laundry, via Ross
♥ Headband: Forever 21
♥ Necklace: eBay




Sadly, I took a little too long to get ready this morning and had to rush out the door.  I tried snapping a few pics outside, but it was way too windy and dark and all the pics came out lousy.  So, I assure you I looked a lot fresher this morning.  These pics are after a long day of nonstop classes and then a trip to the grocery store for dinner.  Fortunately, in the evening the sun hits my bedroom just right leaving perfect amount of light for indoor pics.  It's nice to know that I finally found a good place to take pictures indoors (as long as my room's clean, haha).

I really love these leggings, but sometimes I feel a little self conscious when I wear them.  They're pretty bold for me.  Most of the time I don't give it a second thought, but every once in a while I look down and think "Who am I kidding?".  Today was a day that I didn't give it any thought though.  Plus some random fella at the grocery store gave me a thumbs up.  Haha.  This is kind of my "go to" (I swear I won't say that again) outfit.  I wear this black dress often all year round.  I layer it up in the winter and throw on some gladiator sandals and jewelry in the summer.  I'll also be excited on pairing it with my new fedora (last worn on Easter) with it as well.  I also love to wear these leggings because they are not only comfortable, but often a conversation piece.  I think it's the most complimented item I own.  These kitten heel sandals and gold necklace go with everything and I wear them a lot as well.  The headband is new though.  I have a very tiny, very round head that headbands slip off of all the time.  I pinned the heck out of it though, so it only migrated a little bit.  So, everything I'm wearing besides the headband are all things I wear a lot.  You should probably prepare yourself to see them a lot more if you plan on sticking around (which I hope you do).

Anyway, today's song of the day HAD to be "Africa" by Toto because of these leggings.  One of my personal favorites and the song that Z hates the most when I sing it in the car because of the change of octave in the chorus. Lucky for you guys it's the actual song and not me singing it ^_^ Enjoy!

*Currently Playing: Toto - Africa [Mediafire]

As always, please let me know if any links are down and if you enjoy the artist, please support them by buying their music :)

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment