Thursday, April 8, 2010

And then were gonna find our best friend Doug/And then were gonna give him a best friend hug*


♥ Sweater: Mossimo, thrifted
♥ Top (unseen): Old Navy
♥ Pants: Gap, clearance
♥ Shoes:  Merona, clearance
♥ Necklace: Forever 21
  ♥ Earrings: Hand-me-down from Mom




Soooo, I didn't post my outfit yesterday because I either came down with a 24 hour stomach flu or I ate some bad shrimp.  Whatever the reason I spent Tuesday night throwing up and all of Wednesday feeling pitiful and weak.  I did manage to squeeze in a thrifting trip, which I'll post about later (stuff is washing now).

Well, I wasn't feeling 100% today, but had to go to my classes anyway (quizzes and the like) and  I also woke up a little late and took too long to get ready (again) and I had to rush out the door without being able to take any pictures.  It was so windy (hence the indoor pics) I'm surprised my mini pomp lasted until I was able to take these pics (it looked awesome this morning all teased up!).  I wasn't really feeling too great about this outfit when I left the house.  It didn't think it looked bad and I was extremely comfortable, but I didn't think I looked great.  Now that I see these pics I'm in total agreement that this one was a miss.  I knew I looked ultra casual, but I thought that the necklace, hair, and shoes would put enough visual interest into the outfit that it would make up for the neutral colors.  I think that it should have been the sweater or the jeans, but not both.  It's just TOO casual and I don't often dress this casual.  

These shoes are evil.  I'm trying to justify keeping them since I'm going through my entire wardrobe and trying to get rid of stuff I don't like/wear anymore for my big garage sale (which has been pushed back 3 times).  I wore them last week and they gave me a scab on my middle toe and today they drew blood.  I think they're really cute and interesting, but I wonder if all they need is breaking in or if they'll always hurt.  Lastly, I love this necklace.  It's such a statement piece.  I think it really can dress up an otherwise boring outfit, although today it didn't really.  Well, that's what's good about having this blog.  Even if not a single soul reads it besides me, I'll know which outfits look great outside of the mirror and which ones I should tweak to make them more interesting.

So, last night I watched The Hangover.  I think that it's one of those movies that you had to see before all the hype about it happened.  Like, if you were the first person to see it, it would be super awesome and funny, but watching it X amount of months after the movie has been on dvd (netflix has had it on very long wait for, like, ever) you've been poisoned.  You're expecting the most amazing and funny movie ever and there is no way it can live up to that.  That's how I felt about it anyway.  I had a few good laughs, but it wasn't amazing.  What WAS amazing, however, was the song sung by Stu to put the tiger to sleep.  I immediately downloaded the song and listened to it a bunch today.  So, for today's song of the day I share with you "Stu's Song".

* Ed Helms/Stu's Song/The Hangover [Soundtrack]
[Mediafire]

No comments:

Post a Comment